Latest News and OffersCOVID 19 UPDATE
(May 27th 2020)
We hope that you are all keeping safe and well at this challenging time. We would be grateful to our clients if they could help us when handing over their pets in the car park by ensuring the following;-
- Dog owners- Please make sure their dogs are on a secure lead and have a tightly fitting collar on for their safety.
-Cat owners - Please ensure their cats are in a secure, locked cat box for their safety.
Many thanks for your co operation and stay safe!
Corona Virus Protocol Update
(April 17th 2020)
-We are open and operating with reduced hours and staff during this lock down period, as per Government guidelines and continue to practice strict social distancing measures.
- Please call us with your enquiry in the first instance rather than coming to the surgery.
- Please call us from your car when you arrive and we will attend to your request or will come and collect your pet and take him/ her to the vet. They will call you for a telephone consultation, take payment over the phone and return your pet to you. Please be patient as these new measures are taking much longer than the normal service provided.
- The same protocol as above is in place for ordering medications.
- Restrictions are in place within the surgery.
- Please pay for treatments with debit/credit card rather than cash when possible.
-PLEASE NOTE -WE ARE NOW OPEN FROM 9AM UNTIL 6PM MONDAY TO FRIDAY, 9AM - 12 NOON SATURDAYS AND CLOSED ON SUNDAYS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding and patience at this difficult time.
Stay safe everyone.
IMPORTANT DELIVERY INFORMATION
(March 17th 2020)
Please be advised that due to the current Coronavirus situation, we MAY only receive orders from our wholesalers EVERY OTHER DAY going forwards. Please bear this in mind when ordering repeat medications or prescriptions and allow 2-3 days rather than the current next day for delivery to the practice.
And as always, please stay safe
COVID 19 PROTOCOL
(March 16th 2020)
The health and safety of our clients and staff are paramount to us. We would therefore like to ask everyone visiting the surgery to please adhere to the following protocols to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
- We respectfully ask that a maximum of one person accompany your pet/s into the waiting room area to minimise the spread of the virus. If you need assistance bringing your pet/s into the surgery please let us know and a member of staff will be happy to assist you.
- If you have any symptoms of the Coronavirus such as a cough or a fever or are over 70 please follow the advice issued by the government and self isolate.
- If you fall into the above catagories but feel your pet is very poorly and needs to be seen and no one else is able to bring them in, please let us know when making the appointment and we will come and collect your pet from the car. We would ask you to remain in your car whilst we examine your pet and arrangements will be made to have a telephone consultation with the vet to discuss the case.
- Please rest assured that the surgery is deep cleaned to Veterinary standard twice a day and we are doing our upmost to protect your health. Hand wipes are available and there is a bin in reception for used tissues etc.
We appreciate your support and assistance in the above measures to safeguard all of our safety.
ON LINE BOOKING SYSTEM AVAILABLE!!!!
(March 9th 2020)
Have have pleasure in announcing that we now have an on line booking system for routine appointments! Just click on the BOOK AN APPOINTMENT button at the top of the page and select your required date and time. We hope it makes your life a little easier!
PET SMILE MONTH IN MARCH!
(February 11th 2020)
March 2020 is Pet Smile month. We are pleased to offer you a FREE dental check with one of our nurses and any dental treatment carried out will receive a 10% discount during March!!
Why not take advantage of this generous offer and contact the surgery to make an appointment with one of our nurses at your earliest convenience.
WITHDRAWL OF ROYAL CANIN FOOD OFFER
(December 13th 2019)
Royal Canin are withdrawing their Buy 8 Get one free food offer. Clients have until 16th FEBRUARY 2019 to purchase their 8 bags and return their completed card to us to qualify and get their free bag of food. Unfortunately they are unable to honour the offer after this date.
REGISTERED VETERINARY NURSE NEEDED
(November 1st 2019)
We have a vacancy for an RVN with excellent clinical and interpersonal skills, to join out lovely team!
No on call duties, out of hours or Bank Holiday work;
Permanent,full time position;
Excellent salary package,DOE;
Generous CPD allowance;
Holiday loyalty scheme after 4 years service;
Company sick pay scheme, pension, staff discount and childcare vouchers;
1 in 3 weekends rota
Please send your C.V and covering letter to Mrs June Mollart –Evans, Practice Manager, Barnhouse Vets.
Closing date is 10th November2019
NEW BOOSTER REMINDER SYSTEM
(October 14th 2019)
We are changing the way we issue our reminders for boosters etc. If we have an email address or mobile no for you, you will now receive your reminders by one of these methods.
Please ensure we have your up to date contact details.
If you still prefer to receive reminders through the post, please let us know and we can change this for you.
25% OFF SELECTED ROYAL CANIN FOOD!
(October 9th 2019)
25% off selected bags of Neutered Royal Canin cat and dog food!! Offer available while stocks last.
NEW DATA PROTECTION POLICIES
(July 13th 2019)
GDPR Policy- Clients to complete and sign a short form to confirm their contact details and to choose how they would like to receive certain information from us. If any amendments are needed to their contact details, we are required to seek proof of ID and we would appreciate you bringing along a recent utility bill or photo ID with you. Any new clients registering with the surgery would also need to produce proof of ID as well.
Thank you for your assistance!
***TAKING YOUR PET ABROAD-IMPORTANT INFORMATION**
(November 27th 2018)
In preparation for Brexit, and the unlikely event the UK leaves the EU in March 2019 with no deal, DEFRA have issued an update on the Pet Travel Scheme
👉🏼 Please read if you plan on travelling abroad after 29th March 2019
👉🏼 Contact us if you have any queries or concerns
Is your dog Microchipped?
(March 4th 2018)
As you may be aware, from 6th April 2016, it will be a legal requirement for all dogs to be microchipped and registered on a microchip database, before 8 weeks of age.
Microchipping your pet is the best way to ensure they can be traced back to you should they get lost or stolen. Please contact the surgery on 01244 335550 for further information.
Free Dog or Cat Booster Vaccination and Annual Health Check
(January 25th 2018)
To take advantage of this great money saving offer all you need to do is purchase 12 bags of Royal Canin cat or dog food from us. Please note that the bags do not need to be purchased at the same time and each bag must weigh 3.5kg or above.
Please ask for more details.